2017. szeptember 27., szerda

Anybody become more boring when talking to other people?

Hi guysI'm really shy and not really good at social interactions especially in a group setting.My biggest problem is that I think that I'm really not funny when talking to other people. But there's a few friends that I can be REALLY myself with, and that's when all the jokes and funny stupid ideas come into my head. I think that the real problem, at the root, is that I'm focusing more on making the conversation flow smoothly because I subconsciously fear that what I can say in this convo is boring, I can't tell jokes, awkward silences between sentences, which all make me spend all my mental energy on simultaneously having a conversation and worrying about it at the same time.Then I walk away and immediately these funny stupid words and ideas start coming to my mind. I guess this is similar to when I'm with the few friends that I'm really close to and felt comfortable with I guess. And I don't think statistically I'm actually a boring person, cause I can objectively say with close people, I make a lot of them laugh quite a bit, and I have good moments where I nail a joke and everybody just fucking dies. These happen rarely but I definitely think I'm not actually super boring, I just worry too much that I am.Any tips on getting over it? I do sometimes mindfully practice to loosen up when I'm around new people, telling myself that I'm plenty funny and even if not, there's no point tensing up at the possibility of someone finding me boring, but it doesn't make it go away.Alcohol does help, but it's gotta be possible to do without it. I am a real introvert, but I think I should be better.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése