2017. szeptember 28., csütörtök

I’m in the closet. I’m in a relationship with a guy that I don't love anymore, and I’m terrified of everything getting out and I have no idea how to go about this.

This is going to be very long, and I apologize about that. At the bottom I listed my main concerns and questions about everything if you want to get a quick gist of it.Before I tell you my problem, I’ll start things off by saying, I am gay and in the closet. Or I should say I am like 70% gay and 30% straight. So a little bisexual if thats more accurate.I have no intention of coming out anytime soon. One reason for this is because I’m still young and still heavily reliant on my parents, and they are not open to homosexuality in any way shape or form. Telling them could result in some damaging consequences and as of right now, I am not mentally strong enough to handle coming out. I want to be fully ready and completely content with who I am, and right now I’m not.So now I can explain my problem. 
I met a guy a little under a year ago and since then we have been technically dating. (we are heavily involved with each other but we have never actually said we are dating) We met at a bar and I don't know his friends and he doesn't know my friends. He knows I’m in the closet and how afraid I am of my parents finding out.So anyways, for the most part things were great. I loved him, he loved me, and we were having a great time in each others presence. But recently I have just not been happy with anything. My feelings for him are not as strong as they use to be, and at this point I feel like I’m just leading this guy on. So recently I have been playing with the idea of ending things with him, but I have no idea how to go about that. I also think that he might be catching on to me seeming less interested. I try not to be obvious in front of him, but you never know.So the big reason as to why its a complicated and difficult situation is because I don't want anything about this relationship getting out to other people. And our text and other similar things have me so worried that I cant concentrate on anything without the thought of those getting out creeping in my head.We text like crazy when we’re not with each other and that has been really worrying me, because of how much ‘evidence’ there is within our conversations. What if I end things and he gets upset and shows people the evidence of our relationship and all of the things I have said to a man that I am practically dating? This would be the end for me at this point of my life, and I don't know if I'm strong enough right now to handle that.One thing that makes me feel a little better is that he told me in high school that he was forced out of the closet so he understands the fear of coming out and people finding out.If I’m coming out, I want to do it myself. I DO NOT want to be forced out of the closet. I know one day I’ll have to face who I am, but right now I can’t.There are some other factors as to why I want to end things, but nothing that major. But a big reason for me is just being flat out not happy in this relationship. I don't know how to describe it. I’m just not as happy as I use to be with him. But my worries of things getting out worry me A LOT.When we first started talking I said something stupid out of pressure to get him to like me. I said I’m only gay. I know that wasn't smart, but this was my first relationship and I was worried he wouldn't trust a bisexual. (apparently its common in the gay community to be cautious about dating bisexuals because of the worry of them going off with a girl) I love men, but if there is a perfect girl for me I wouldn't be opposed to it.So to sum up this long confusing post here are 3 big reasons as to why I am worried about ending things with this guy.I do not want to upset him and break his heart. (I know that might be inevitable)I do not want to upset him; him get angry and go off and tell people about everything and show our text.Him not knowing I am actually a little bisexual. I don’t want him to get angry in the future if I ever happen to meet a girl I like and he finds out I sort of lied about being 100% gay and goes off to tell people or even worse the girl.All of this has been tearing me up inside. I am scared of all of these potential outcomes, and the more I think about them the worst my worries become.So should I just ask him to delete our text because of how worried I am of my parents or others seeing them? If he knew how worried I was about this I think he would understand. He wouldn't be happy about it but possibly ok with it.He's actually an understanding guy with a heart so part of me thinks he would willing to do that for me.Once again, here are my main concerns.I do not want to upset him and break his heart. (I know that might be inevitable)I do not want to upset him; him get angry and go off and tell people about everything and show our text.Him not knowing I am actually a little bisexual. I don’t want him to get angry in the future if I ever happen to meet a girl I like and he finds out I sort of lied about being 100% gay and goes off to tell people or even worse the girl.tl;dr: I am gay/bisexual in the closet, and I am trying to end a relationship with a man without the biggest secret in my life getting out and without breaking his heart. I am scared, tired, and unhappy. I just want out.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése