2017. szeptember 25., hétfő

Advice from a gay Christian?

I have a gay friend who is a strict believer of the Bible. I have no qualms about his faith or his orientation. However, I found out that he is disappointed in his own homosexual feelings and believes that he can change and hopes to some day marry a woman and have kids. I am so distraught over the fact that he lives his life unsatisfied with who he is. I don't want to impose my opinions about religion on him (I'm not a Christian) but I don't want to see him struggle like this, because my belief is that gay people don't just decide to stop being gay no matter how hard they try, AND there's nothing wrong with being gay. I'm worried he will become depressed when he is unable to change, because he thinks changing is the only way to save his eternal soul. Do you think I should just stay silent and let him figure it out himself? Should I try to reason with him, arguing that Christianity and homosexuality are not contradictory (I know other Christians accept homosexuality but logically I don't know how)? He is very open to talking it out with me so I don't think he will be offended or uncomfortable with me bringing it up.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése