2015. augusztus 22., szombat

Need advice about trying to get a friend to come out of the closet.

Some back story: I'm straight, he's (most likely) gay. We are both mid-20's, in graduate school, and from liberal families. He's pretty obviously gay: never had a girlfriend, makes excuses to not date, has gay affectations etc. Everyone is completely fine with him being gay...his friends, family, colleagues...nobody has a problem with it. However, he's an immigrant and has family in the middle east that would gossip about him and probably bring some shame on his family. I'm pretty sure this is the reason he won't come out. But frankly, he doesn't live there, and he's old enough to just tell people to fuck off if they're like that.I'm pretty sure he wants me to just secretly have sex with him and have it all stay in the closet. He wants that to be his reality. That won't work for obvious reasons and it is seriously disrespectful to me. It actually creeps me out quite a bit.I've had many many gay friends before and it's frankly not that big of a deal to me. But he really needs to come out and live honestly for a few reasons. He needs to not live in this fantasy world where he and I are going to have closeted gay sex. And I really don't want to watch him try to marry some girl, which would obviously be a horribly selfish and cowardly thing to do. I also know that he's setting himself up for a lifetime of horrendous mental anguish with all of his denial. Lastly, it's just annoying to have him go through tinder/other dating apps and talk about how straight he is and how much he wants to have sex with these girls. I don't say anything, because it's a touchy subject for him, but every time he does that I'm just like "ok, dude...you really need to stop with this nonsense. I don't care that your'e gay and you're not proving anything to me with this ridiculous charade."So ya, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I seriously don't know what to do anymore and I don't know how much longer I can take this.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése