2015. augusztus 30., vasárnap

Came out yesterday after years of denial at 23. I've got a question that's really stressing me out.

So I've spent my whole life thinking I was Heterosexual, I was attracted to women and had been with quite a few girls but I never felt right, I would date girls and effectively turn them into a glorified best friend as I would lose my sex drive pretty well immediately and I always wrote this off as just a low sex drive.I had been sexually attracted to men for a long time but not emotionally attracted to them ( I never really allowed myself to actually investigate this). I've been really depressed and anxious over my love life since I lost my virginity. I couldnt understand why I dreaded having sex so much after the first few times with a new partner and I eventually realized that I was socially conditioned to be heterosexual and because men havent been sexualized or fetishized, I didn't know HOW to find them attractive.I think of it like the Mona Lisa. we are told our entire lives that it is a ground breaking and amazing painting without really knowing why or questioning why but it has been deeply ingrained.I'm totally happy and proud of this massive groundbreaking change in my life and I'm excited, I get butterflies thinking about experiencing a relationship that I actually feel good being in (thats never happened)My question is did anyone else have a bit of a disconnection? realizing that they were gay, accepting it but still not used to being attracted to men?I'm hoping that the more used to the idea I get the more I will notice what I find attractive in men but until then I have a very anxious voice in my head that is worried that I will never be comfortable with anyone and remain lonely and reclusive

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése