2016. november 7., hétfő

I thought we had it all. But others disagree. Help!

From as soon as I came out I thought gays had it all so easy! Girls really wanted to be your friend, guys were just as easy to hang out with and we are kinda just accepted for being a little weird sometimes.I've never really been a victim of homophobia or abandonment anything like that, I've only really been supported (or just neutral which I prefer) by friends and family. I almost find it hard to believe it's common as I hear, due to not experiencing it or seen it (other than the one odd occasion)Now recently within the last few months I've been speaking to a lot of gay lads (closet / straight curious / gays who feel the world is gonna end etc) who feel lonely or left out and a lot of the time become seriously depressed. (I love to talk and I'll always help anyone who needs someone)I feel like I'm a good listener and relentlessly positive, so I try and help out. Telling them it's not always gonna be hard, and they always have someone to speak to (me) if everything else fails.This works a lot of the time, they're less lonely and I've actually made a few friends from it!Problems occur when sometimes I can't help them and I feel so helpless and useless in terms of helping them. Especially if they either don't want to share (which is fine we talk about other stuff) or they tell me I can't help because I've never been through it. Which in one respect blatantly makes sense but all I'm trying to do is help and understand the situation etc.TL:DR I try and help gay lads who feel bad I don't have much experience Help me help others

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése