2016. november 29., kedd

Is gaslighting a common problem for gay men who become involved (in whatever way) with straight-identified men?

For those unfamiliar with the term, gaslighting refers to the manipulation of someone by psychological means into questioning their sanity/reality.I was just wondering if any gay/bi/queer men had experienced gaslighting from straight-identified men you became involved with (in whatever way--consensually or not).I'm asking this as someone who experienced what was probably workplace and classroom harassment at the hands of what I believe to be a closeted, straight-identified man. I was experiencing a lot of weird, alarming comments and behaviors from him that left me stressed out, but because he never stated anything outright and constantly asserted his straightness in the strangest ways (which is something I don't find most actual straight men doing), I was left doubting my grasp on reality. When I finally confronted him about the behaviors, he denied everything. Though I listed about 30 things he'd done that stressed me out, he came up with a justification for each one. Others had witnessed many of these behaviors and mentioned them to me, but no one else stood up for me when I needed it, because being neutral in the situation prevented them from being part of the conflict.A gay friend was telling me that he slept with a "straight" man and after waking up my friend said something about sex to the "straight" man, only for the straight man to deny that it had ever happened.Was just wondering if any of you had experienced this sort of thing. It seems like many "straight" identified men hide behind their sexual orientation. They can use it to excuse violating your personal boundaries or overwrite your lived experience.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése