2014. december 31., szerda

Really like this guy, but he's not emotionally available. How can I be there for him while protecting myself from being hurt?

I met this guy about a month ago, and we've really hit it off.The first time we actually went out, there was just so much chemistry between us. He would reach out and touch my hand, and it felt like electricity was running up my arm. After dinner, we went to a gay bar for drinks and wound up making out for a bit.Things have been weird since then, though. He recently went through two terrible experiences, and says that he's not emotionally available for a relationship.The thing is, though, is that he always gives me signals that he's very much into me. He recently came over to my place, and we had such a wonderful time together. We made food, played video games, and just genuinely enjoyed each other's company. Toward the end of the night, when I brought out wine, we started getting a little flirty. He held my hand a little, but we didn't kiss. He said he doesn't want to confuse me. As I walked him out, we hugged, but the hug lasted for a while and we simply held each other by the door. He tells me that he really likes me and cares for me, but can't give me what I want.I really, really like this guy. I don't think I've connected with someone so well before. I know--beyond the shadow of a doubt--that we would be fantastic together and that, given the chance, we could be together for a very long time.I also don't want to force him to do something he's not ready to do. I want to honor his own process and respect his wishes.What should I do? Should I wait around for him to be ready, or do I simply stay his friend and keep dating other guys? Also, how can I be there for him while at the same time protecting myself from falling for someone who may not fall for me?I have yet to go through the degree of heartbreak he's faced, so if anyone out there with a similar experience can explain how he might be feeling, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése