2014. december 30., kedd

I Want To Test A Hypothesis About Anita Sarkeesian...


OK. So I have a hypothesis that very few people actually agree with Anita Sarkeesian. I do not mean this in the well of course not way, I mean it in a literal way. When I talk to people who support Anita, I am usually told they do not agree with everything she says, but through my talks with them it seems the only thing people actually agree with is that there should be more women as protagonists that are not overly sexualized. While many if Anita's detractors do not think that sexualized characters are bad, offensive, or harmful, they usually agree that this is fine.


Everything else seems to be what people disagree with. From limiting what kinds of games exist, censoring games, that video games actually cause harm to people, etc. there is little to no agreement.


So I want to tease this out a bit, to see if this is a common trend. Yes, you get the McIntosh and moviebob types who believe everything that Anita says and accept the inane idea that there is no such thing as sexism against men, but as a whole, Anita's supporters seem to be people who want video games with female leads that are diverse.


So, if you get into a discussion with people, ask them, besides wanting more female leads that are not sexualized, what other point do you agree with Anita on.


I purpose that the number is no more than perhaps 3 and usually is along the same lines, IE, more gay/trans characters, less macho men, more black/Asian/Native American/darker skinned characters.


-Remag



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése