2014. december 30., kedd

Gay atheist with questions.


The books over on /r/pics brought me here, I've got a few questions. Partially driven from the /r/pics post, and partially cos I've had a friend I've known since the age of 4 become a mason in the last couple of years (we're almost 30) and as a result had started becoming rather close with lots of prominent local politicians and business leaders leading me to feel that paying membership dues to acquire a powerful social network seems like it'd be useful.




  • Can the 'higher power' in which one must profess belief in be the universe itself or something else appropriately 'mystical' but without caving to man made mythology?




  • Talk of religion and politics is discouraged, but what is in your scriptures if not religion?




  • I'm a pretty masc gay guy, would knowing who I share my life with be enough to cause problems?




  • Before joining any organization it's generally a good idea to find out what your dues go towards. What sorts of philanthropic (or hedonistic, whatever) endeavors do membership dues go to? Is the organization involved in any lobbying?




  • What's this 'memory work'? Masons on /r/pics didn't mention any sort of rote memorization requirement outside of the whole 'paying money for professional and social contacts.'




  • What's the penalty for driving around with a mason badge on your bumper if you're not a mason? Are masons likely to get Marine level of indignant over it? Has it ever gotten you out of any tickets?





Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése