2014. december 30., kedd

I'm a journalist who just published a yearlong project on LGBT issues in India, I hope this is okay to post here.

I'm a journalist who just published a yearlong project on LGBT issues in India, I hope this is okay to post here.Hello all,I hope this is okay to post here. 2014 was the year for gay rights in many ways, but some places like India took a giant step backwards. I thought Reddit might be interested, and if there's any interest, I'd be happy to elaborate and answer any questions.The world's largest democracy last year re-instated a colonial era law which systematically discriminates against a large portion of their billion plus population. With a global image of tolerance, India stunned the LGBT community when they made engaging in homosexual relations an offense punishable with life in prison, suddenly millions of people were made criminals overnight. I spoke to an older advocate, a young man trying to come out, a hijra who was raped and kicked out of her family, and walked with protesters to see what they had to say. Looking over the last year and throwing it forward, I explore the societal, geo-political and economic ramifications of sending the country's gays and lesbians back into the closet. A year in the making, I'm happy to present: Unnaturalized Citizens.http://www.newsweek.com/india-gay-lgbt-modi-transgender-us-kolkata-civil-rights-coming-out-295483

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése