2014. december 30., kedd

My New Years Resolution!


So last year I really started to accept what I ignored for years, that i was pretty fucking gay. And after I got over the hump of accepting myself I soon found myself wanting to scream it from the roof tops because it was a part of myself that I never understood and after I figured it out it was like this weird confused part of me was totally full and that felt awesome. But my whole life was super religious and after my parents finding out I was gay before i was ready to tell them and not taking it well at all and me thinking my life was over, it took a while to get back. BUT I had this goal for myself to be completely out by new years so I could start 2015 as the real me. I'm not living at home full time anymore and all of my friends new it and really accepted it. My closest friends kept telling me that this was the happiest they have seen me in my entire life and it felt great. So it was time to tell my closeminded, tiny, religious, old person town and to my surprise for the most part it went without a hitch. Though my parents aren't 100% pleased, my mom sent me this kindof nice article by a pastor on his opinions of if he had a gay child.


So, I am super super happy, relieved, lucky, and proud that I was able to accomplish what seemed like a daunting task to be completely out. There is just one problem, My parents don't talk about it, I know it isn't and shouldn't be our #1 topic of conversation but they still treat me like I'm straight, they still ask about boys and I have to be the one to remind them that I wasn't joking about being gay. I have a girlfriend who I have been with for months now and I totally love her, they have met her but I want to tell them that we are together but I'm still afraid. I mean they know I'm gay and it has to be so obvious to them that we are together, but the fact that they don't acknowledge it makes me terrified to tell them.


Anyway, I do not want 2015 to be a year of secrets and I def don't want to ruin this relationship with my fear of my parents. I think it's important to do things in my own time, but my gut, head, and heart are all saying different things. I was wondering if anyone hear had an opinion?


Also, Happy Holidays and a Super awesome New Year to all you amazing people, I could not have gotten through this year without of all of you! Sorry this was so long!



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése