2014. december 31., szerda

Is there internalized animosity towards cisgender individuals from (some members of) the transgender community?


Hello asktransgender, I am a cisgender gay man, and I am sort of confused on why there is this internalized animosity towards cisgender individuals. A few months ago, I would receive obvious passive aggressive signs from a mutual friend who identifies as a trans male. I accidentally misgendered him a few times when we first met because he was the first transgender individual I have met, but I felt really guilty for doing so. He was not on any testosterone and was still pre-op, so most of the time, they were accidental slips. We talked it out, and he told me that he understood that it was not intentional but to try not to keep doing it. I am basically past the point of having accidental slips, but I still have to be quite conscientious about it from time to time. We are at good terms now.


Anyways, I began following him on Tumblr and noticed that he is quite popular within the transgender community. When looking at other blogs, I noticed a lot of negative posts towards cisgender people. I understand that individuals who are cisgender may not understand what it feels like to be msigendered and can be very ignorant on the matter, but why create this animosity towards all cisgender individuals?



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése