2014. december 31., szerda

So I saw a coworker on Grindr... and it gets more complicated.

Alright guys, here goes... (Also, throwaway because I don't know who might see this and my main account could possibly be traced back to my job)Okay, so I am a 24 year old gay guy. I work in a field office on a construction site. As the majority of the work is subcontracted out, my company has very few employees on site. For about a year it was only me and an older guy who is the site super. He's about 60 y/o and a great guy to learn the business from. always answers my dumb questions. Then, a few months back we got a third guy on site here, another guy about the same age as the super. Things worked well between us though I mostly keep to myself. (I am not explicitly out at work. I don't lie or try to hide it, but I don't bring up my sexuality either) I sometimes feel like I'm on the outside and like I don't fit in with the other guys since this is a very straight-dominated business. And the people I see/talk to most often are two older straight guys. We don't really have a lot in common socially.Anyway, about a month ago, we started getting busier at work, so the super decided to bring his son in as an assistant super. He's about one or two years younger than me. Really nice guy. Sharp dresser, good sense of humor. just an all around good guy. Plus it's nice to have a guy close to my age around. Early when he started here the thought that he might be gay crossed my mind ever so briefly and then I remembered the super having said something about his son's girlfriend or something. Plus he doesn't really give off that gay vibe as far as I can tell. (Although I am cursed with a somewhat shitty gaydar).So yesterday, I went in to my super's office to talk to him about something and his son was sitting there on his phone. As I'm talking, he turned around and I could see from across the room that he was typing in a chat window with blue and yellow bubbles on a black background... and I immediately think to myself "Wait.... Is he on Grindr?!?" But that seems ridiculous because I had been like 90% sure this guy was straight. Maybe there are other messaging apps with the same color scheme? So, I go back over to my desk and pick up my phone and open Grindr (which I don't use very often) and yup. There he is.Now at that point he was leaving for the day so I think he may have put his phone away. My point being, I saw him on Grindr but I don't know if he saw me on Grindr. About 20 minutes after he left, his profile disappeared from the list. Now, I don't know much about how Grindr works, but from what I can tell that means either he left the geographic radius (pretty likely since I work in a large city) or he saw my profile and blocked me (perhaps hoping I wouldn't see him and blow his cover?)Now, my issue is I don't know whether I should talk to him about it. I was wracking my brain all last night and this morning and couldn't figure it out. Turns out, he is out sick today so I have until Friday to think about it before I see him again.Here are my main issues:I don't know if he is out to anyone (although he does have a facepic on grindr). In any case, if he's still in the closet I don't want to accidentally out him.I especially don't know if he is out to his dad, who we both work with. This could lead to some pretty awkward situations. Based on the way they act around each other, it would be my guess that his dad has no clue.I hate feeling all alone like I am the only gay guy on this whole jobsite. It may be nice to and mutually beneficial have each other as understanding allies.Just to be clear, I am NOT interested in dating him. I think we could be better friends though.It's possible that he has already picked up on the fact that I am gay. I think I'm easy to read, although other people sometimes tell me I'm not.I don't really know how I should approach this situation. Here are the options I've been considering:Casually ask him if he is gay. Something like "Hey, by the way, are you gay?" (Obviously in doing so, I would be revealing my own sexuality, which I have no problem with)Tell him I saw him on Grindr. Something like "Hey dude, I saw you on Grindr the other night. I didn't know you were interested in guys!"Casually mention something about a guy I was dating. Something like "Oh yeah I love burgers, I went to this really good burger place on a date with this guy... blah blah blah" and let him take it from there.Next time he is around, log on to Grindr and let him "find" me.Do Nothing.I'm sure there are other options. These are just the ones I've thought of.Basically, what would you guys do in my situation? I feel like I am probably overthinking this and it will hopefully help me to hear from other guys. So.... HELP!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése