2016. december 26., hétfő

Help me decide to leave my boyfriend

So many things are wrong about this situation but I can't bring myself to leave him. Somehow I'm so addicted and infatuated with him still and can't break this feeling of attachment.We are very good together 90% of the time. We've been together 2 years and he lives with me.But he's too young -- I'm 34 and he's 24.Not sure if this matters but he's from abroad, which might explain some of our different approaches to things.We have few common interests: he prefers gaming and movies, whereas I like intellectual conversations and exploring cities.He's been unwilling to pay his share of the rent because he's only working part time.... but it's his own choice to only work part time.He occasionally has a really bad temper. If he gets upset about something, he doesn't hesitate to unfairly blame everything on me, and has almost zero empathy or ability to see things from my perspective. This happens about every 4 months or so where he hollers and screams about something, threatens to leave me (even though the thing he's mad about wasn't really my fault), but he calms down after a few hours and gets sweet again and everything is fine (even though the actual issue wasn't resolved).I also have good reason to think I'm "not enough" for him. He claims to be happy in our monogamous relationship. But he's continually refused to delete his suite of dating apps, claiming that it's fun to use it to network and make platonic friends. He occasionally meets hot guys from the apps for coffee or lunch, openly acknowledging that he enjoys the flirtatious validation from these meetings, and completely having no empathy for how I might feel threatened by this and has essentially told me to get over it. He claims it's fully platonic but admitted to making out with one of them once for about 30 seconds. Also whenever we go to a club together he tells me to stop being so clingy and goes and tries to dance with other hot guys (whether it's our friends or randos). I heard rumors that he has sometimes been truly unfaithful but he denied this and I've been unable to confirm. And this has all been giving me huge anxiety lately and left me a big mess.I know when I say it all like that at once it sounds terrible. But we really are super good together 90% of the time and i'd really rather not give him up. I just feel kind of like I have to give him up, but I haven't accepted it yet. He's even been talking lately about marriage, house, kids together...and he's so pretty and he has a fun attitude in a way that would be hard to replace....and my parents really like him....and after 2 years of emotional investment and intertwined lives I'm hesitant to just start over, especially at my age...

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése