2016. december 28., szerda

Message from a Muslim

I'm an American-Muslim who started college a year ago, which is where I first really met gay people.They disgusted me. I had never known any gay people before, and only associated them with guy on guy sex; I didn't see them as actual people.It was weird though. They knew I was Muslim, and were super friendly. They were involved in a lot of the political causes I was (pro-Palestine, anti-war, anti-Trump, etc.). When bigots talked shit about Islam/Muslims to me, it was the gay-guy in our class who was the first to stand up for me.So long-story short, I kind of changed. Or I guess, gay people changed me. You can only remain so standoffish in the face of unrelenting coolness.I'm still Muslim, and don't agree with homosexuality, but in the same way I don't agree with eating pork. Its not for me, but I respect people for whom it is.I know you guys always get bombarded with messages from the alt-right asking why you are liberal or defend Muslims when we hate you. So I just wanted to say keep doing what you are doing, because whether you realize it or not, you guys are making friends out of us (former) haters everyday.No homo.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése