2016. december 29., csütörtök

In denial about your sexuality without internalized homophobia? (Finally coming out to myself)

Well, I realized couple of hours ago that I’m gay.Right now I’m going through a bit of an identity crisis, not knowing what I want to do with my life and all those other young adult clichés. Slowly I’ve been noticing that my attraction towards women is nowhere near my attraction towards men. So much that I can’t call myself bisexual honestly.I’m in college and more friends know about my same sex attraction but I’ve been a little vague because I wasn’t sure how I identified. I had a hard time telling my friends that I was bisexual... I’m having a harder time with the prospect of now telling them I’m actually gay.The thing is, I don’t really know if this has to do with internalized homosexuality (although I’m open to arguments on how I am wrong about this). I fully support the LGBT community, I have absolutely no problems with anyone’s gender identity or how they express themselves or anything else, and in fact love meeting people who feel comfortable being themselves. I’m also an atheist so religion isn’t a factor. So I can't fully understand how I was in denial for so long and how I didn't even see it coming.My issue seems to have to do more with my ego. Lately I’ve been noticing how little I know about myself and this blow means that I’m even more clueless than I thought. Another thing is my fear of somehow hurting bisexuals because this makes it seem like the “bisexuals aren’t real” myth is true. People used to ask me or accuse me of being gay which I would continually deny because I truly believed I wasn’t, I didn’t think I was lying. Now I just feel dumb and embarrassed because of how long it has taken me and how it seemed I was the last one to find out. It’s like I feared being ridiculed but for being oblivious/in denial instead of being gay. But I also realize that I have to do it. At the moment I find myself depressed, quite unhappy with how my life is going and have been trying hard to understand why I can’t seem to move forward. I’m pretty sure this has to be a big part of why. Right now I’m just trying to find a way to put my ego and embarrassment aside because I believe that after this other things might fall into place more easily.Advice or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése