2016. december 26., hétfő

Saying what you want and self-doubt in gay relationships

I've been sating my boyfriend for almost two months. Things have been going amazingly well, but I've been doubting things for the last couple of days. I called my best friend (also gay) tonight because I've been an emotional mess the last two days. I asked him why I put so much self-doubt into my romantic relationships. He said that it's pretty normal for people to do that and he does it, too. We get to a point where we start to really like someone and we open up to them. We start to make ourselves feel vulnerable and when we beginning feeling like we may get hurt, we look for reasons to run. So I decided to call my boyfriend and I had a discussion that basically went like this:I want both of us to be able to be completely open and honest about our feelings and I feel like we're pretty much that way already. You already know that I like you a tremendous amount and I am probably gonna sound crazy in saying all this but I want to express how I feel. I am totally just crazy about you and I care about you a tremendous amount and I think that leads to me opening up a lot and make myself sort of vulnerable. Sometimes when I do that I can create these crazy ideas in my head that things aren't going exactly right or they're not going exactly how I want them to go and I get past that but I wanted to see how you feel? I think this is because in my head, I feel like things with you are going so well that it's almost too good to be true, and it's true." He said he's been thinking some of the same things the last couple of days, and he feels like things are going just as amazingly well as I think they are, and he's totally into me as much as I am him. AT first he was worried that I was about to break things off with him when I started talking, but he feels really good about everything, too.When I got in my car, I texted him and said, "I feel so much better after that discussion. Thank you." He wrote back with, "Good! It makes me really happy that we're on the same page and can talk about things like that. I think we're both lucky guys (insert kissy face emoji)."Here's the lesson: When it comes to your relationships, romantic or otherwise, I think you should just say whatever it is you want to say, and say it with conviction regardless of how you think other people are going to perceive it, because it's how YOU really feel. And if you're in a relationship where you can't be you or you can't have your own feelings, you're in the wrong relationship.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése