2017. január 30., hétfő

I'm gay and confused with homophobic parents.

POSSIBLE NSFW! I'm new, and I really don't know if this is NSFW. I bring up topics that may be borderline however!After many years, 7 to be specific, I have finally come to terms that I am indeed gay. I've always known deep down, but I've never been able to truly accept the fact. I've had various sexual partners who were women and found myself never truly pleasured or bringing up things that they didn't feel comfortable doing. I have yet to experience a sexual encounter with a guy, but I dated one back in high school, and it felt so surreal, yet right. My parents are completely against the LGBT community and go as far as verbally abusing and harassing the community. (I know, not the greatest parents. Both have been to prison for a good amount of time while I'm studying to become a lawyer. If that isn't irony, I have no clue what is.) With that being said, I have some questions so I'll hop right in and ask.For those who have homophobic or anti-gay parents, did you ever decide to "come out of the closet", and if so, how did you go about this? What was the outcome?Also, how did you come to self-acceptance? During a beautiful LSD trip in my past substance use days, the true question came into my mind: Will I ever be able to accept who I am because of my sexual preference?I know it seems a bit ridiculous in this day and age. We live in a more friendly, yet not the best, time where gays are accepted. Growing up with my parents has truly diminished my inner confidence in accepting who I am. I get upset or angry when I think about who I am and ask the notorious question, why me? My uncle, a very close person, passed away last year. My mother completely disowned her brother because he was gay. When he passed away, she said it was God's judgment for his wrong doings. Now, I'm not the religious type, but even those who share a religion with the world couldn't be as cold-hearted as she was in that moment. It broke my heart.I want to point out that I'm going on 21 this summer and no longer live with my parents. In fact, I no longer reside in the same state with them, however, I keep in contact weekly. Though they are shameful and terrible acting, right winged jerks, they're still my parents. Sorry for the political remark, I don't mean to offend. I'm dead center myself. I just wanted to emphasize my point.I apologize for writing a novel. This is the first time that I've told anyone, especially a community (even if I'm anonymous) that I am gay. I suppose this is a stepping stone in my life. I wanted to vent and get some advice as this build up can't be contained any longer. Nor should it. Thank you all in advance.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése