2017. január 29., vasárnap

Anyone else have this problem?

I have trouble making friends...for reasons you may or may not be able to relate to. Sorry this post is so long. Right now I'm 22 finishing my last year of college. I've been with my partner for four years, since senior year of high school.From age 11-17, I pretended to be straight to fit in in my small Christian home town. I dated girls and even was sexually involved with one. I was damn good at convincing people I was straight to the point where the false identity haunts me today. I had a very close pack of friends from the swim team, most of them guys. When I finally came out, most of my friends were really awesome about it.I've been in this relationship for four years, since senior year of high school, and I'm generally happy. But when I went to college, I lost touch with those close high school friends and have not been able to replace my friends.When I meet girls who I hit it off with, I often strike them as a single, straight interested male. They want to flirt, or just generally believe I'm a regular straight guy. This is fine, but it's annoying to feel this burden like I have to tell them I'm guy, so they don't get the wrong impression. There are four outcomes to me revealing this: she wants to be my "gaybestfriendomg", she's against homosexuality, she's disappointed because she was into me (sorry if that sounds vain), or she's apathetic. So I feel like after I've connected with a chill chick who I could be great friends with, there's only a small chance it'll even blossom into friendship.That said, I make friends easier with girls than guys. But I so miss my old group of guy friends and just hanging with the guys.When I meet other straight guys, I immediately feel this identity crisis. I can easily pretend to be "one of them" because I did for so long. It's easy. But it feels so so wrong now that I'm becoming more comfortable in my own skin. So then there's the issue of how to drop that bomb. It's hard to come out to guys you just want to be friends with and they can react in tons of different ways.On top of all this weirdness befriending heterosexuals, I feel completely out of place in the LGBT community. I don't like to define myself by my sexual orientation (I see no point in that) unlike many gays. I'm not proud of it - it just "is". And right now, it just feels burdensome, particularly when trying to connect with people. I'm actually in counseling and even a group therapy because this has bothered me so much.Has anyone else experienced these weird feelings with identity and making friends? Help!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése