2016. szeptember 26., hétfő

My 12 year old daughter just came out

Like the title says, my 12 year old daughter just came out to me yesterday. I've known for awhile, but hadn't said anything until she was ready to tell me in her own time. I told her I already knew and nothing would change how I feel about her, but I warned her that not everyone will be as understanding and/or supportive. She has been having some trouble in school lately with her grades and focusing on her work (6th grade/ small town located in the bible belt), and I think this might be the root of the issue. Middle school children can be jerks and coming out at this age is such a huge step that will magnify the stress for her. I'm just worried about what all the ignorant people will say/do. I know I can't protect her from all of it, but I want to make it as easy for her as possible. I asked her if she would like to start going to counseling (she said yes) since sometimes it's easier to talk to a stranger than your own family.All I want for her is to be proud of who she is and be successful in life. I was just wondering, is there anything else I can do to help her during this time? Should I contact her school and let them know so they can keep an eye out for bullying? Thank you so much in advance!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése