2016. szeptember 29., csütörtök

Dating advice when you like each other but he isn't in a place to be in a relationship

Please let me know if there is a more appropriate subreddit for this, I've gone through a few but not found something where this would be any more or less topical.So here is my situation: I moved to Alabama for graduate school, but before I did I switched over my Tinder to the Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area so I could meet people. I matched with a guy, and we skyped for about 4 months before I moved out here. At the time we both said that we were looking for a relationship and that we would decide on what we wanted after spending time together in person. Then we began going on dates, and he also gave me my first sexual experience. I really, really like him. I also think that being as new to relationships as I am, I am utterly incompetent at all of this.He has been going through a lot since we met. Long story short, he lived with his uncle but got kicked out of the house about a month ago. I have been doing everything I can to be supportive and to help him out. Leading up to this turn of events he was still going through a lot, and so we never talked about having an official relationship because I thought it would be one more stressor in his life that he doesn't need between what he is going through and being in a really tough program in school.But...the other day I finally told him how I felt, that I wanted to be in a relationship and that I really liked him (and I have told him once that I loved him, but I told him as we were both dozing off to sleep and I'm pretty sure he was out...but I have made it very clear how I feel). I did this knowing that he is probably not in a position where he feels like he can be in a relationship because his life has been so much in the air. He told me that he also really likes me, but that he didn't feel like he could commit to a relationship right now. And I get it, I really do...and I thought I'd be really good at compartmentalizing that and that we could continue being, ahem, friends with benefits.But...after this conversation, I am realizing more and more just how strong my feelings are for him...and the feeling of insecurity from liking someone who also likes you, but that feels they can't be in a relationship right now, really sucks. This is the closest thing I've had to a relationship, and to be honest, I really want it to be an actual relationship. I also don't want to give up the things that come with it ... like Pokemon hunting in the dark, or making out when we are frustrated with studying ... laying in bed and watching anime ... and of course the mind-blowing sex.I just really don't know what to do. I love him, I want to be in a relationship with him, I don't want to give up the things we have now, but I also want a relationship. FWIW I've also made it clear that if we aren't in a relationship that if I meet someone I'm going to pursue it, but I can't see myself dating knowing that I really like this guy and want to be in a relationship with him that likely won't come to fruition.Also FWIW I feel like if he were in a position to be in a relationship that we would be in one. We live about 45 minutes away from each other (which is a pain) so both of us being in intensive programs we can only see each other over the weekend.Edited for clarity.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése