2015. november 25., szerda

I think my friend turned gay.. How to get rid of my homophobia?

Hello gay people of reddit, I'd like to start with saying I've never had any problems with gay people untill the events of last year, and never called someone who was gay any names or whatsoever so please don't judge!My long time friend has always been a good looking socially strong footed guy. Never had a problem getting it on with girls or making friends. That said, since he broke up girlfriend 5 years ago he has' nt been the same. He started having "trouble" stepping up to girls (girls stepped up to him allot though), and started having the great dry spell lasting about 4 years. In this time he discovered raves and parties and met a group of open minded people wich he hanged out with ALLOT. Me being kind of an oddjob never really fit in to the group, but quickly noticed they're were pretty loose when it conceirned sex and relationships. That's all cool in my book, but I'm kind of an uptight guy when it comes to sex, and only really open up about anything when I'm with my girlfriend.As a result me and my friend never really discuss things in the open, and will dodge any questions or converstaions leading that way. Atleast when talking to me. I have the feeling he's had more succes opening up with other people like his before mentioned group of friends. He still does not open up with me and his old, very manly group of friends. I've tried bringing up his sexuality but he derails the conversation or just flat out denies being gay in any way. On top of that we also had a rough year with me taking over his business with things going kind of rocky as a lot of money was involved. As a result we drifted apart even further and paired with me not fitting in with his new group of friends it made me feel kind of bitter about our relationship.So I've done some self reflection lately and kind of discovered I have developed this notion of homophobia, making me instantly defencive whenever a guy even sort of resembles being intrested in me in any sort of way. This obviously is not something to be proud of and is has been a bad influence on my life.tldr: I think I have developed homophobia and I would like to ask anyone to reflect on my situation and maybe give some advice on how to lower my shield to both my friend and people in general. Thanks in advcance!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése