2015. november 22., vasárnap

Feeling Down and Out of Place

Hey guys. I've been feeling a little lost and out of place lately.Basically, I feel like an ugly dweeb all the time. I'm the typical skinny white boy that everyone just assumes is smart yet awkward and nonathletic (which to be fair, I kinda am.) Both in highschool and now in college, people are nice/polite to me, but I also feel like an outsider. I feel out of place at the gym where I'm surrounded by buff attractive guys, and at parties where I'm surrounded by straight people all flirting and dancing, friends included, and I'm off to the side just drinking alone from the solo cup.I feel even MORE of an outsider in the gay community. Most guys I meet are either extremely feminine/activist types (which isn't bad but I just don't relate) or they're masculine that don't want anything to do with "fems" or a dweeby nerd like me. Or they're model-hot and wouldn't even acknowledge my presence if I tried.This shit just gets me down all the time, you know? And it makes me feel unappealing too. Like I look in the mirror and I think I look like a 5. But then seeing stuff like people hitting on my (ex) boyfriend telling him shit like "I'm cuter than him why you with him" or being ignored at any sort of social gathering while people easily approach my friends...I'm just kinda like, "wow didn't realize im that nerdy looking"What's even worse is I consider myself an extrovert because I get my energy from other people. So I at least try to go to look good and go to social events like parties and clubs and the like so I'm not a hermit. And it's just kinda discouraging when people make you feel so ugly and low all the time, which just only makes it harder to even date or even make new friends. Or even to just have any shred of self-confidence/self-worth.My friends and family love me, which I guess whats in the end really important. But it just kinda sucks to be "that friend" or "that family member" - the one who avoids the party scenes or other events because, whether they try or not, they're just gunna be awkward because they're not attractive or interesting enough for people.Comments, stories and advice much appeciated <3 thanks in advance to all who respond.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése