2017. szeptember 1., péntek

Lets take a min to talk about Grindr

Man, I have such a love hate relationship with Grindr. On one hand, it's a superficial, sex driven, judgemental community that is extremely damaging to self esteem. ON THE OTHER HAND, thank you Grindr. I'd never be able to meet as many gay men or be able to talk to a gay guy whenever I want.Unfortunately one of the flaws is in the design. You can't match or unmatch. Everyone is free to talk to each other. Which is great for keeping options open, but also kinda sucks because so many people resort to just ignoring the people they aren't interested in. I've resorted to a phrase that looks great on paper: "Sorry man, you're not really what I'm looking for. Good luck! 😊". This is great until you realize it's just copy and pasted from every conversation that I lack interest in. It's admittedly shallow.Does everyone feel this way? I know many gay men, myself included. That have downloaded and deleted Grindr more times than they can count. Every time we redownload it, we feel that shame of defeat.I find myself constantly checking it until I give up and feel slightly bad about myself for not finding anything. It's like hunting.... You go out there, get mauled by bears, don't catch anything and just end up going back to baiting. It's very defeatingMy sum up of Grindr is: it's like selling your soul to the devil, but this way you get head.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése