2018. április 1., vasárnap

“I’m not gay, bud!”

I work in retail and you’ve probably heard this a million times but it’s been bothering me lately. What is it with straight men? Whenever coworkers are joking around, I come along and try to join the banter. The next thing Mr Straight pipes up “ye but I like pussy, so.” Speechless! Everyone else seems to think this is a perfectly reasonable caveat, you know, just in case I got the wrong idea.It’s gotten to the point I’m starting to censor myself. It’s exhausting managing the stream of consciousness of these people. It’s easier to just not say anything. Today was Easter Sunday and I walked into the canteen, only for one of them to make some kind of comment and gesture my way. I had enough at this point and walked right up and asked him to repeat it. His cronies all played stupid. I had no choice after that but to ice them. You can bet they knew exactly where they stood.But all that aside, why are they treating me like this? Am I too naive?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése