2018. április 30., hétfő

Little story about growing up with dad, the racist, sexist, homophobe

My father was born in the '50's, on a farm, in a very rural area and had the type of attitude that came with such an upbringing. Growing up, it was not uncommon to hear him saying hateful things that probably would have messed me up a lot more if it weren't for my mother. I remember staying with him at some point in my late teens and hearing him respond to a news piece on the local gay pride event with, "We should just take all those niggers and fags and give them a free cruise, and then nuke the mother fucker in the middle of the ocean". I'll admit, that hurt, but i hadn't come out yet so i just sat there emotionless. At that point i was in a long distance relationship with my highschool sweetheart who is litterally a culmination of everything people like that fear. Black, happy, gay, and scariest of all, an immigrant. I hadn't come out by this point so i sat there, emotionless, as long as i could before i excused myself and drove straight to a drug dealers house. After that day, i only slept there during the week out of convenience because we worked together but as soon as i got paid i set aside just enough cash for essentials and would disappear until Sunday night. Eventually, he decided to move states away so I made the logical decision and moved in with the afore mentioned drug dealer.... That was 6 years ago. In the first year i had nearly died a few times. In less than six months, i had gone from 225 pounds of muscle to a size 2 in jeans and i had always been a big guy ( on the plus side my aunt became a vegetarian because i lied about how i lost weight). I became toxic to everyone around me, and with every person i met, addiction spread like wild fire. Because every person i met was potential net profit to feed an endless addiction. I came out to him two years ago on my birthday after a bottle of whiskey. He told me he loved me, no matter what and he really meant it. I look back on everything i went through before that moment came and i have to laugh at myself a little because according to him, being a man of experience includes every experience. Turns out, his rough exterior was all a front and I've never had a better friend in my life. Also, he's become a totally different person since then. It's amazing.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése