2017. szeptember 24., vasárnap

My boyfriend doesn’t want to see me as much as I do.

Hi guysGuess I’m a little upset. Not sure how to feel about it. I’m in a relationship with a guy and have been for four months. He’s fully committed to our relationship. He’s told me he loves me and I have said the same. We’re so happy in all ways, we’ve booked holidays and I’m attending his brothers wedding. The time we spend together is always enriching, interesting and fun, and the sex is great.I do not doubt how much he cares for me. It’s just he doesn’t want or need to see me as much as I need to see him. When I called him to tell him this he was so upset and was inconsolably crying at the fact that I didn’t feel very happy with the way things were.He would be perfectly happy to go a week without seeing me, but I want to see him more. I’m fine with that happening every now and then (life happens - I get it), but this is now the fifth week it’s been like this and I’m getting tired now. I think he really likes just knowing I’m there and enjoys the moments we spend together when we do, but I get most of the benefits of our relationship from the time we spend physically together. I have depression and anxiety so it’s really difficult for me to not feel anxious if I don’t see him a bit. I am trying to work on this through therapy and counselling but part of me just thinks it’s not right to not see your partner often. I don’t want us to live in one another’s pockets as I have my own life which I want to live too, but once a week as it is at the moment just seems so little.If I had absolute choice, I’d want to see him a couple of times a week to stay over and then maybe a drink or dinner another night.We are in an open relationship so part of this means we are extremely honest about our feelings and I have spoken to him about this. We have agreed to plan our weeks from now on up front and in advance so we can work out what suits both of us, as a method of trying to work out a nice compromise. I guess I just feel like I’m nagging him for change, but so many people I’ve spoken to say I’m not being unreasonable to not want to go 6/7 days not seeing him, and that we should be making more effort as a committed couple. Especially given we are open, I think spending time together is even more important.What do you guys think? Please don’t come at me saying leave him (if I wanted that I’d post in r/relationships!). I’ve stated above that we love one another and we are tying to work this out, but I just want to hear your opinions really.Are you more like me? Or more like him? Is seeing one another a huge deal to you more than once a week?Thanks x

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése