2016. február 1., hétfő

Scared to fall in love

Hi everyone!!!I'm so conflicted right now and I need to get this out my system. So, I'm a gay male, soon to be 23, and I'm simply scared to let myself fall for someone. When I fall for someone, I give it my all. In the past, I've felt betrayed and hurt after opening up to guys. As a defense mechanism, I've quit dating for two years because it drags me down when I find out guys not want me for me but for other superficial reasons.Just a couple days ago, I went on my first, and I had such a good time! All my insecurities lifted and we hit it off chatting after grabbing drinks. It was also great because we both graduated from the same school, so there was an instant connection with classes we took together and going through the similar hardships. We even had a couple of mutual friends, so things felt more comfortable. Fast-forward, we went to a gay bar where we danced and had a fun time!I was always insecure about dancing, but for some reason I just waved my freak flag. We were both smiling and laughing at each other's cheesy moves. I noticed that he kept smiling and looking at me in the eye, which kind of freaked me out but I couldn't deny my attraction. He wouldn't make the first move, so I was like fuck this. I asked him if I could kiss him, and he nodded yes, so we started making out while dancing. It was so....nice to feel attracted to someone who appears to like me back.Later as we are leaving the bar, he says he's planning to move to San Diego. This is where I got sad. I did a good job hiding my feelings, but he said something interesting after that. He said that this is the first time he's enjoyed going out on a date with another guy, and because we connected so well with movies, art performances, etc. He then said, "who knows if SD will happen, things will just happen as they go." I felt some hope because I could totally see us dating....man I don't know why I like him so much. I want to spend more time with him.We've texted back and forth sparsely and have been trying to plan our next date, but our work schedule is totally opposite. I'm so scared to text him back because I don't want to come off like a stalker. I sometimes wait for awhile after he texts because I get so nervous to read what he writes. I'm trying to switch one of my work shifts so i can see him before he leaves for MFA auditions in San Diego this weekend. God, why am I scared?!?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése