2016. február 28., vasárnap

First negative opinion

So my boyfriend and I have been together for three years now. We are both out to the vast majority to our friends and family and are comfortable with who we are.We have and are grateful to have people around us who care for and love us. Up until now, we haven't had any negative opinions thrown at us directly.Tonight, my best friend's fiance and I were having a discussion. It came around where I was trying to equate it to homosexuality to (what I thought) put my perspective into terms she could appreciate.When I asked her if homosexuality were against the law and against someone's religion, should my boyfriend and I have the choice to be open with ourselves and other. She informed me that she does not think so. That if it is against the law, then there is no choice. Then it is wrong to be gay.I don't know how to react. How to feel. I feel so much. Anger, sad, frustrated, confused. I know that this is lightweight compared to what others have experienced, but I just wanted to vent a bit to you all and know that it resonated.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése