2016. február 29., hétfő

Bf problems- He doesn't know what he wants to do in life

I never thought to ask strangers advice because I'm usually the one who offers the logical solution to relationships issues. I've helped family and friends and complete strangers. Sometimes I feel you can be so deep in it that you don't see the most logical solutions because your emotions have clouded your judgement.I've been in a relationship with a guy for over 5 years. We are getting married this year. We've both had many relationships and there's no doubt we want to spend our lives together. We have had many bumps over the years but we've always talked through them and come out better. He's always been supportive in what I want. I'm career driven and when I'm in a funk I identify what bothers me and resolve it. I like to talk it out and he's always been there supporting me whatever I decide to do. I don't like letting things fester and I don't like to ignore problems. It makes arguing a bit challenging since I want to resolve things right away but he'd rather let things blow over or at least let things simmer. Sometimes he's right, sometimes I'm right. We compliment each other very well in this.He's my best friend. Whenever I have good news I want to share he's the first person I want to tell. We love doing everything together. We have the same interests, taste in music, tv shows, etc. Sex is awesome! We have quirks that we both find endearing with each other. He has a weird obsession with Pokemon, and I get obsessive about something once a year (loose leaf tea, candles, books, infusers, etc) and get everyone around wrapped up in my crazy addiction for that year. We have great friends and family all love each other.There's one thing wrong with this otherwise very happy relationship. While I'm very happy with my career, he doesn't enjoy what he does. He doesn't have a bad job but he's always making it sound like I'm doing amazing things and he doesn't feel any fulfillment in what he does. He's worked in the same industry for 8 years, but he hasn't tried anything new. If I don't like something in my job or feel like I've grown stagnant, I change it up. I just changed jobs and I'm very happy with it.He complains about work and feels unappreciated. No matter what I say to explain to him why he's so great in what he does, he doesn't feel proud of what he does. Where I see opportunity, he sees criticism. He feels like he doesn't make an impact like I do. He avoids talking about work with people who ask him how things are going. He jokes constantly with friends telling them to hire him, but he's never serious. Whenever we talk about what he wants to do, the answers are always the same. He doesn't know what he wants to do. He tells me he will figure it out. But he doesn't like talking about it. And it's not just me he doesn't like talking about it to. No one. His family, friends, coworkers... He keeps it all to himself and every so often rants to me about it. Every time he does, my answer is the same. "What do you want to do to change it". We've both known the real answer for a while, he doesn't know how to figure it out.That's our problem. Whenever we've had arguments/debates/discussions, there have always been logical solutions and compromises. But this is different. He wants to figure it out. He doesn't do anything to help figure it out. He doesn't like to talk to me about it. He doesn't want to talk to anyone about it. I'm not trained to navigate through the human psyche to help him out of his rut. I've suggested seeing a psychologist and he's gone through with it last year. He stopped because they both thought he's on his way. But he's back to the same place. He doesn't think talking to someone help when I suggested to see a psychologist/life coach/career coach.I don't like seeing him miserable about his job. He isn't proud of the work he does. He doesn't realize how dedicated and hard working he is. Whenever he complains he wants to quit, I tell him he should and find something new, but he doesn't do it. It's familiar and unchanging. He sees me happy with my change but I feel he doesn't think the same could happen to him. I keep telling him nothing will land on your lap, you have to seek it out. We've done this dance for 5 years and I don't see it changing because he's not willing to figure things out on his own and he doesn't like talking about it with me or anyone. Surprisingly we constantly push each other to do new things and it's always an experience when we do it together. I feel like he doesn't want to solve this one together, and rightfully so. I also don't see this as something I should be figuring out for him. It's not like we need the money. I alone make 6 figures salary without bonuses. We don't have kids and finances isn't an issue. I just want him to be happy with what he does in life because seeing him happy makes me happy. Seeing him sad about something and not being able to help him with it makes me sad.I don't know what to do.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése