2016. február 27., szombat

32 y/o bi/predominantly gay trans guy looking for help.

After ranting about this particular problem to a few of my friends recently, I have decided to seek advice from all of you here on Reddit.I am a 32 year old transgender guy (female to male). I pass quite well, have a short beard, I’ve had top surgery, etc - a friend of mine has said I’m something of an otter. The issue that has come to the forefront recently mostly has to do with my dating life, and I’m feeling a little lost.I’m bisexual, but I’ve always been much more interested in men than women (I’d argue that I’m primarily interested in women for flings and casual relationships), and as such about 80% of my dating history has been with men. Those men were all straight. Since I transitioned (about 4 years ago), however, I’ve only been dating women because it’s a dynamic I’m familiar with, albeit from the other way around. I really would prefer to be dating men, however, and this is where my frustration lies.To be quite honest, I’m pretty intimidated by the idea of dating a man as a man, because it’s not a dynamic I’m familiar with at all. I don’t even have any friends of that orientation to turn to for advice or example. Add to that the complication of being trans and of having to explain that (though I am very up front about it, FWIW), as well as some internalized issues regarding not feeling like a “real” guy, and I’m feeling a bit adrift. I enjoy the relationships that I do have with women, but it’s just not really the same, and lacks the deeper connection I generally feel with other men, and I miss that. I generally aim for other bisexual guys because my anatomy is less likely to be an issue, but the intimidation/unfamiliar dynamic factor is still there.I’m not sure what I’m looking for regarding advice from you all, but I would greatly appreciate any that you might have for me about any of this. I also don’t mind answering any questions you might have (clarifying or otherwise) if that helps.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése