2016. február 21., vasárnap

Am I overthinking the situation?

Last Monday, I got a message from this attractive 34 year old (I’m 25) on grindr. It’s not every day when a guy I find attractive messages me first- its usually me who starts the conversation. I replied, and from there we get talking and it turns out this guy is actually incredibly sweet, interesting, and we actually had a lot in common, including our love for dogs (he has four!). We exchanged phone numbers and after some back and forth we decided to go to lunch. We ended up having a really good time. I usually struggle to speak to people because I don't know what to talk about and I assumed I'd only be hanging out with him for a ‘short lunch’ as I told him on text. Turns out, we actually spent an hour and a half sitting there talking to each other; I didn't want it to end but I had to head back to work. We shook hands and agreed that we should do it again sometime. Less than 20 minutes later, he texted me. We exchanged a couple flirty messages and got to talking about our next hang out.I told him that I would be in his area because of a friends birthday the next day, and he suggested we hang out after my friends festivities. About an hour before we were to meet up, he said that he couldn’t think of anything to do and asked if playing board games, drinking wine, and playing with dogs at his place was ok. I said sure; I wanted to spend more time with him. So I end up going back to his place; we drink wine, play with his dogs, talked about everything (we even talked about travelling places together, and signed up for a couple events in a couple months, to which he commented ‘what if we’re not talking in a couple months). He was incredibly sweet, and after a few accidental nudges on each others arms/legs, we end up on his bed, cuddling, having sex, and falling asleep.I ended up staying the night, and the next morning we had sex again. He made a comment about how after first meeting me, he didn’t think I would be down for sex. He also made a comment about how we were from two generations and confessed he was 38, not 34. I know four years isn’t much of a difference, but for some reason it bothered me because he didn’t act or look 38 at all. I had to leave at 10am to be somewhere at 11am, and I kissed him goodbye and said we should get lunch during the week again, to which he agreed. Fast forward to a week later. We’ve barely talked. He is a lawyer and he told me that this week was really crazy for him. I find myself myself going on grindr to stalk his whereabouts and there was a period where he wasn’t online for two days straight. After not hearing from him for two days, he finally messaged me saying ‘sorry for not getting back to me, lunch next Tuesday?’ to which I agreed. Anyway, I don't even think my story has a point. I just wanted people to see it. Well, maybe it does have a point. My whole life, I've been way too scared to do meet up with anyone, and I feel like I actually have a connection with someone but am afraid that I am losing my opportunity to spend time with someone who I actually like. Thinking back, I wouldn't have slept with him, and I would have not let myself be so freaked out about our age difference.Am I overthinking the situation? Is he no longer interested in me? Its crazy how a simple text form him can put such a smile on my face.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése