2017. június 28., szerda

How to actually start dating?

I'm in the closet and have been for over three years now. I have nothing to fear in regards to coming out to my family, but I'm not ready yet. That's not the point of this post.In 3 days, I'll be moving away to start college at a fairly sizable state school (about 10k students).I never dated anybody in High School. I didn't want a same sex relationship because it would require me to come out. I told my parents I was focusing and school and didn't want to commit to a relationship when they asked me if I had a girlfriend.The issue with this is that I have no dating experience and no idea where to start. I've tried using online apps like Tinder but any conversation I have just feels superficial.Without this sounding creeping, I'm ready to date and lose my virginity. I'm not some crazy horn-dog who can't stand not having sex (otherwise I'd be asking for Grindr tips). I want to meet somebody who I really like and make my first time worthwhile.Another roadblock I had was my weird non-acceptance of the fact I like men. When I think about dating guys, I don't get all homophobic and defensive, but I just can't picture myself doing it, and I can't say "I'm gay" without feeling uncomfortable even though I've accepted the truth.I went on a date with a guy who went to a neighboring school, but felt intensely uncomfortable throughout the whole ordeal. He did nothing wrong and was super handsome, but I just felt so uncomfortable and... wrong.I know I like men and I'm mentally accepting of it, but when put into practice I still have a suppressed mental blockade.If anybody has any tips about how to meet people or "be gay", they would be much appreciated.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése