2017. június 28., szerda

Help! Advice?

Ok reddit give me some insightMy Boyfriend and I have been dating for about 4 years, maybe a little more. I absolutely love him without a doubt. We have lived together for a little over 3 years. We get along great, never argue, share bank accounts, credit cards and car note. Just the site of him brings me this happiness, his cute texts about nothingness bring me joy throughout the day. I can picture spending the rest of my life with him by my side. And I know he feels the Same way. There's only one small detail, we are a young gay couple in our mid 20's. We are out to most people who are friends and co workers, and everyone has love and accepted us. Our Families are another story. We are not out to them, fear of backlash, fear of rejection by them and knowing/unknowing how they will take it. My side is conservative Jehovah witness, the other old school Christian. Since all my family lives out of state I never felt like I had to come out to them, his family lives in the same state, but it's a 90min drive to where they are located. I feel guilty, over the years I've become distant toward my family, especially my mom who I am so close to and talk to a few times a week. In the past I would visit often, but now it's once a year, on Christmas and I dread it. This past Christmas I went for only 3 days, and while I love my family, I can't bare the thought of spending the holiday without my boyfriend. I still remember him dropping me off at the airport, and pulling up to the drop off I just cried, I just got so emotional leaving him, then angry that I felt like I was being robbed of this holiday with him. The few days came and went, the main joy I got was counting down till I say my BF again. I know so people would just say just tell them, they might not care, they might care but embrace it because it's your life, but deep down, I just feel that if I tell them that they would maybe disown me, and now I've lost them forever. I also feel guilty because what if it is ok with them, but now I've robbed them of being part of my life and stole so many moments of happiness and celebration. Although the BF and I never really discuss it, I just can't stop beating myself up over things and I don't know what to do, or proceed. Any Advice Please.......

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése