2017. június 27., kedd

About daddy issues

One thing I never understood is why some people who don't have a good relationship with their actual fathers are so eager to fill in the gap with another "father figure". I've always reasoned that if my own father can't be a good male role model for me, why should I trust a random stranger to be one? I know there are genuinely good guys out there who mean well, but I can't get past seeing such a relationship as manipulative on at least some level; especially if they're in a position of greater power/authority than you and/or you're performing sexual favors in exchange for money, gifts, attention, etc. I'm not against other people having these kinds of relationships: it's their lives and they can do whatever they want. But I'm always wondering why some guys (typically kids in their mid-late teens and early twenties) would let older men essentially take advantage of them.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése