2017. február 16., csütörtök

[UPD] I came out to my family and it was good! But now it's not so great.

Part 1 - http://ift.tt/2hmCzmh Part 2 - http://ift.tt/2iVzj1E Part 3 - http://ift.tt/2ldpKJD on my trip back home for a few days I finally came out to my family. It was my last day back home and I had a ten minute window when the whole family was home. After procrastinating for a while I sat them all down and just told them (after my parents asked me if I have a girlfriend lol): "You know how (younger brother) has a girlfriend, and how I don't... the reason is... I don't like girls I like guys."It was the scariest and most strange (for lack of better word) thing I've ever done. My mum immediately said that it's fine, they just want me to be happy, it doesn't change anything, and hugged me. My middle brother hugged me and said it's fine too and was v supportive. My youngest brother (he's 10) just sort of ignored everything and said something random but it's fine. My dad was tearing up and said it's fine and then he went back to having his nap.My mum asked how long I've known and if I'm sure (not in a condescending way though) and then the conversation was pretty much over. They drove me to the airport that night and didn't mention anything, so I figured it would just take some time to sink in but things were ok. It seemed like they might have known because my mum's reaction/words were quite good and sort of like the textbook answer for what to say.So that was on Tuesday and everything seemed fine.My mum has been calling me a lot lately for random things (she also cried just before I left and gave me a photo of the Virgin Mary to keep next to my bed in my other city and I was like oh ok sure). This morning she texted me at 6am saying to call her asap so I did a few hours later and she asked if I could come home for a few days just to talk with her and my dad without telling my brothers. She said they "don't want to change my mind" (apparently) but just want to talk about it or something.I can't come home for a while anyway (no leave, no money, they're going overseas in a couple weeks anyway) but still lol doesn't look like a good sign. Before she hung up she asked if she had offended me or hurt me by asking... so clearly that's on her mind...tl;dr: came out to parents. Initially they seemed good, now it seems they are having their reservations lol. Aaaand now I'm having regrets about doing it in the first place.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése