2017. február 27., hétfő

Moonlight and my problem with it's Win for Best Picture

I watched all of the best picture nominees, as I always do because i'm a total cinephile, and I think Moonlight started out great but fell apart in the third act. I feel like at least half of the other nominees were far superior to this particular film, and were more impressive all around in cinematography, production, direction, etc. But whenever I say this to other gay people they jump down my throat. And Yes, I agree that its important for representation and it's gives the average person insight into the life of someone living in a hostile, urban, crime ridden environment, who is also struggling with his sexuality. But be that as it may, a movie like Arrival for instance, is far more impressive storytelling wise. It's an extremely complex story that is interwoven through masterfully written dialogue and the usage of a non linear time structure. Plus the sound and cinematography in that movie are INSANE. So what do you guys think? What movie was your favorite out of the nominees? Mine was Manchester by the Sea, because I think Lucas Hedges is really cute. Plus it's a great movie.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése