2016. április 19., kedd

I Don't Want to Hurt My Friend...

I'm gay, or at least bisexual, I really don't know. I'm out to most people in my life, including the vast majority of my friends. For the most part, they have been extraordinarily supportive if not a bit overly-enthusiastic (most of my friends are girls and I think some of them are kind of happy having a gay friend), but I have not come out to my best friend. This is because she's Muslim, but more than that, I know that she comes from a very anti-gay background (I'm majoring in Islamic Studies and talk to her a lot about her religion and her parents and she's told me their stances). Those who I am open with have been very good about not telling her, but I feel that she's beginning to suspect something, as stuff like this I feel can't be hidden forever. Now, I'm not only worried about her own feelings on this issue (she doesn't seem too judgemental of homosexuals but I'm not sure), but also about how our relationship may be viewed by others in her family or the Muslim community. If word gets out to them, I hope that it won't adversely affect her... I feel as if I fucked up royally coming out to anyone, and now I above all else don't want to hurt my very best friend... What should I do?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése