2016. április 30., szombat

URGENT CALL: How to get parents understand their son's (my boyfriend's) sexual orientation?

He just called me sobbing and telling me there was no point in us being together anymore. Of course I asked him why he was saying such a thing -- we hadn't had a fight or anything. I was just planning on crashing at his place just now, a Saturday afternoon, no big deal. Apparently, he told his mother "a friend" would go visit, but they had a fight. It's a tense relationship, since his family (and he himself) belongs to a Christian church and the discourse on LGBT people is quite harsh. They've even got my boyfriend treated with one of those conversion therapies you hear; they pretend his son is "cured", but of course that's not the case. He called me because he was desperate, because he's tired of feeling trapped, jailed, punished for no reason than being himself. He told me not to go, not to crash at his place... there was no point in all that, in us, in having fun together, in enjoying life the way we've been doing it lately. It absolutely broke my heart. I was helpless and deeply hurt by the way someone so close to my boyfriend could possibly be hurting him so much. Of course you'd say he just gotta stand up and come out, but he's a freshman and his family is in charge of all the expenses -- contemporary tragedy of us. His dad has previously thrown him out of their house. You can feel the tension, anxiety and desperation in his voice. Sadly, there's not much I can do to help. I myself have been through my own hell and I'm trying to get a stable job. But I wanna help him out. I've told him there might be two solutions: come out (again!) and tell them he's got a boyfriend (yeah, they have no clue) under the risk of being thrown away or just keep quiet, playing along, abide by their rules and just wait until the moment he can emancipate. Both paths are gonna hurt, I told him, but whatever happens, I AM going to be his one and only man, no matter what, even if he has to stay home all week and that way confirm he has no friends (he's not a people person). I can't tell you how deeply affected I am with all of this. Though I try to be a sensible person, I can't help thinking this wouldn't be an issue if people would at least be more compassionate, loving and caring. Because deep down it's not a matter of being Christian (my Christian mother and Christian friends all accept me the way I am), it's about being human. Should I talk to their parents? Should my mother talk to them? (I'm.positive she would if I asked her to). Should I get professional (sensible) help? Is this a case of psychological abuse? I love him, and I don't want him to cry anymore.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése