2016. április 23., szombat

Coming Out Letter

Hey everyone,20/m/australia here. I want to come out to my parents through a letter - pretty much all my friends know I'm gay and I want to tell my parents, but I'm a lot more eloquent in writing and get tied up when I speak, and I'd prefer to right out all my feelings and thoughts so they're uninterrupted, than come out just in a conversation. That and I'm unsure how they will react so I'm hoping a letter will give them time to process things instead of just speaking straight away.So that said I'm thinking of writing a coming out letter to my parents, explaining that I love them and all they have done for me and that this isn't a result of anything they've done wrong, that me being gay is just how I am and how I always have been and that it won't change anything, and that this isn't a phase and I've come to accept this over the last few years. And also mentioning some other people who are gay that they like (for example a contestant on a cooking show we all watch, who my parents love and always say is really sweet) just to highlight the fact that being gay isn't abnormal and that being gay doesn't change anything.Does anyone have any tips for coming out in letters? I'm not sure whether to hand it to them and sit there while they read it, or leave it somewhere for them and leave the house for a few hours to give them time to process it, before I come back.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése