2016. április 22., péntek

[RANT] Is it possible to be too straight-acting for your own good? Because I'm pretty sure I've managed it without even trying.

I've become a grumpy old man. I'm 22. Look on my sins and weep. Sorry about the rant in advance.TL;DR: Some people are lucky enough to be gay. I was unlucky enough.I've managed to completely fuck myself up through being a hyper straight-acting man. And I mean hyper.How hyper? Years ago, when I was a nipper of around 11, I realised that I wasn't like the other boys. Rather, I liked the other boys. Not a unique story by any stretch of the imagination. Eventually, I came to grips with this and came out to my family at the age of 18. I came out to my friends around then as well.I still have all my family and friends. Because (basically) no one believed me for about 18 months. Some of my friends still don't. They think I'm joking. That's how hyper.I came out on Facebook - changed my 'Interested In', short post, Life Event. A friend messages me: 'Hey mate, I think you left your Facebook open on the uni computer.' Another: 'Very funny.' Someone asked if I was a basher trying to lure in prey.So many people spend years pretending to be straight; to hide themselves in plain sight. I didn't even have to pretend. I have a really deep voice, march rather than walk, obsessively watch televised sport, dress myself straight from my bedroom floor and generally couldn't look any straighter if I tried - and it all came naturally. I am a Kinsey 6, and literally no one ever guessed. I could have kept it up for a thousand years - it was a terrifying experience with a close friend that compelled me to come out. I have a 'gift' that so many closeted people would kill to have. Now that I'm out, it's a curse I'd wish upon no man. I am the least natural gay man on earth.I have nothing that could be classed as a common 'gay' interest. I know a smattering of other gay guys on a second- or third-hand basis and that's it. I've never been to a gay club for fear of looking foolish (and straight). I know nothing about anything 'gay'. Gay movies tend to lose my interest. The last gay-related TV show I actually enjoyed watching was 'Playing It Straight'. There is nothing gay about me whatsoever apart from my sexuality.(You can see where this is going...)I'm also a painfully shy kissless virgin with no game and two stone overweight (that used to be more, thank god something's going right). Haven't had sex, haven't been on a date, haven't kissed a guy. A perfect, unblemished record of chastity.Homosexuality was completely wasted on me. I wonder if I should even bother and just go live in a cave and try to forget the whole thing. I'm not resigned to being alone for the rest of my life (at least not yet), but I've accepted the possibility. I've even come to enjoy it at times (no commitments yay). I got to spend 8 hours hiking last weekend. It's looking like 18 hours this weekend.I don't expect a solution here. I just needed to have a good spray. Don't do what I did, kids. Don't go down the rabbit-hole that far.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése