2016. február 20., szombat

Cheesy Plea For Advice

I figure at this stage of my life (mid-30s already?), I should be beyond pleading for relationship advice on the internet, but I find myself really confused by some current events, and I need a fresh perspective.Background: I've known a guy for a few years, we met online, then in person and hit it off. He broke it off shortly after. We elected to stay friends and that was fine for a year or so, then we somehow became romantically involved yet again. That lasted about a week. We stayed friends. Flash forward to a few weeks ago when, like a frigging idiot, I became involved with him a third time. He dumped me last night.He's been texting me all day, even going as far as asking if we should hang out tonight. I've strongly refused.He's a good guy, and even as "just friends" I really enjoy the time I spend with him, and he's said he enjoys time with me. He does seem to have lots of emotional problems however. I can't get him to open up and I strongly believe he pushes people away when they get too close. I suspect something terrible happened in his past to make him like this, but without ever talking about personal issues, how am I to know for sure? I can't tell you how many times I've told him I'm here and want to listen.I made it clear to him after he dumped me that this is the last time we'll ever be romantically involved ever again. Three strikes and he's out. I'm angry, sad, and confused. Mostly angry at myself, sad that he's pushing me away again, and confused as to why he continuously pursues me.So I guess I'm reaching out to you nice strangers to be blunt and tell me what the hell I'm doing with my life. Or I'm just looking for a platform from which to vent, I don't know. I'm rather confused. I tell myself I won't give him another chance, but I don't think it's sunk in with him yet, and the way he's been texting, it seems like he hasn't accepted it's over yet. My brain tells me to kick this asshole to the curb and be done with it, but my heart, my goddamn fool of a heart, won't let me. Am I being an idiot/being pushed away/being screwed around with/being irrational/being normal? I don't know. This is where you come in.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése