2015. szeptember 20., vasárnap

Being gay in a very conservative setting

Hi everyone,I'm a Belgian guy aged 19 and my life is pretty hard at the moment. I'm gay but my circle is quite conservative and closed to everything different. So it's making me really uncomfortable when I'm around my family for example. I'm "quieter" than I really am in a comfortable environment and I finally don't want to engage in their conservations. As a result, I get strange looks and I'm judged by those people.For information, I went to Ireland for a year as exchange student. During the first months, I stayed "quiet" because I wasn't used to be away from a closed environment. Then gradually I became a bit more open and better with myself. I finally accepted my sexuality and I met a wonderful guy who is still my boyfriend today. For once I felt I couldn't be judged by people anymore and it made me so happy.Then, because my exchange program was ending and I couldn't stay longer because of money, I had to go back home. This was a total disaster for me. I had to come back to my family and to people I didn't really appreciate because I felt constantly judged by them. Of course a great deal of my exchange had to be hidden from them which was also psychologically hard. I lost all my "friends", including those who were more open to differences, because the environment in which I live is just unbearable. Now it's the turn of my family. I'm gradually going away from them.Meantime I'm going to University in another city which is like a small "bubble" of freedom for me. But unfortunately I can't stay over there because I don't the money to rent a student room. So I just come back home every day after school. And I feel even more down.I really don't know what I could do. I could see a psychologist maybe but I'm afraid it's not going to anything. Plus even tho my family knew I was gay, it wouldn't change the situation because I've lived under this judgement from them for too long.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése