2014. november 12., szerda

How to cope when the person your dating is really busy?

We are both in grad school but his workload has become very heavy in the past few weeks (he spends most of his time outside of class in the library) and it's leaving me feeling neglected/disappointed that I don't get to see him much. My workload has stayed steady over the semester and I have a bunch of free time.Now he doesn't blow me off and use "I'm busy" as an excuse not to see me. With the little free time he has on the weekends, he invites me over usually to stay the night and he is noticeably exhausted and I can tell he wants to sleep but is staying up to spend time with me. We talked about it and he said he is feeling super overwhelmed with work and it's stressing him out. He wants to see me a lot more than he is able to and said he wants to be moving things along faster. He said he was afraid to invite me over to just sit and do nothing, because he was afraid it would be boring to me. I told him I just want to spend time with him, not be entertained.So, others with boyfriends/people their dating who are actually super busy, how do you cope? I know the general advice of get a hobby, do things with friends, blah blah. I do do things to keep me occupied and most of my friends are also grad students who also have a lot of work to do.He is a great guy and we get along great. I see things progressing further (but at a slow pace...).Advice, please!

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése