2014. november 10., hétfő

How can I decompartmentalize my life?

This is basically a two-part question. I have two somewhat related problems: I have enormous difficulty relating to and connecting with other gay men, and despite not being closetted, my romantic life remains pretty much totally separated from my normal social, academic, and professional life.Some background: I've been in two actual relationships with guys, neither of which were widespread public knowledge (in both cases, by their choice, not mine). Most - actually, all - of my good friends nowadays are straight men, who know that I'm gay; in fact, most of them are more willing to talk about my sex life than I am.My problem is that I identify with, enjoy the company of, and (to be totally honest) am more attracted to my straight friends than any gay man I've ever met - and a lot of straight men I know (but obviously not my close friends) would be a lot less willing to maintain a friendship with me if they knew I was gay. So, I'd rather keep my sexuality to myself and miss out on the million-to-one chance of a relationship than roll the dice and ruin friendships.Some disclaimers; I have a terrible gaydar, so I tend to assume a guy is straight unless his hair is dyed every color in the ROYGBIV spectrum, and concequently I'm very hesitant to engage anyone romantically outside of something like Grindr. As far as I can see, there are two different tacks for approaching this: I could become more open to flirting with people I'm not 100% sure are gay, or I could try to modify my preferences so I enjoy the company of "gay-er" men.I have no clue how to do either of these things. Help?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése