2014. november 11., kedd

The "Homophobia" of eminem and why I think it's just people waiting to get angry at something. Written from a blunt gay guy.

I am and always have been a blunt guy, so if you offend easy, maybe skip. I'm trying to open conversation, not trigger, but some people, well.Just read an article where some butthurt members of the Queer community are outraged that Eminem calls himself a fighter of gay rights and drops terms like faggot and dyke in the same song. Welcome to Rap music.Some choice passages:'Coz you'sa tramp look at how you react to this trigger like when I call you a bigger dyke than the Hoover Dam'It is super obvious to me that this is aimed directly at Tumblr style internet users who claim things like PSTD (A term previously reserved almost exclusively for war survivors), and not aimed at actual lesbians. Hell he even uses one of their favourite words, trigger. I'm not saying that some Lesbians arent Tumblr users, I am simply saying not every one is.I see so many members of the community standing by, ready to get angry at anything and scream oppression. So Em says "here, this is exactly what you want. I'll cover all the basics like dyke, trigger, tramp, so you can have your daily blow up" and to that I say atta boy Em. People need calling out on their bullshit. Gay genocide in uganda is crisis. They most certainly have PTSD. Mass gory rape and brutal murders of women globally is a crisis. Transitioning people who are tormented daily beaten to death by groups of people is a crisis.Twenty somethings living in a middle class neighbourhood tumblring how oppressed they because not everyone understands the new 12th gender they just invented is a crisis, but for a different reason; ignorance. It is too easy to say "respect my lifestyle or else". How about "Here is a contribution I have made with my lifestyke to better the community and world I live in that I live in."So Props to him for giving them a shout.'Happy as Anderson Cooper having a tube crammed up in his pooper with lubricant.'I know many gay guys who agree, and I am one, stuff in the pooper is fucking awesome. Only a fool with heavily internalized homophobia would get bent on this one. Like "You can't say that, that is discriminatory and offends me as a gay man". To those guys I ask why? Its simple fact. If you cant handle the world knowing that many gay sex practices (And straight for that matter) involve shoving things in your ass, Maybe you're not ready to be "out" yet.Eminem offers no shame about it. He doesnt condemn it. He just states it. If you hear a fact stated about you and it embarrasses you to hear it, that's your own shame. Em even puts a positive spin on it, he's happy. Which I usually feel when I'm getting it in the pooper too.'But I may fight for gay rights, especially if the dyke is more of a knockout than Janay Rice. Play nice?'Dykes are dykes are dykes. Here in Toronto we have a separate pride parade specifically for women known as the Dyke March. And you can be damn sure Eminem wasn't involved in the naming of it. And as a heterosexual guy saying he'd especially help her out because she's hot? Hey, welcome to life where hotter people are treated with more favour every day.Sorry ugly anyone if this offends you, but it's not just you. It's everyone. Do you think unnatractive skinny poorly dressed guys are on even playing ground with 6'2 handsome, musclebound Adonises in a club setting, a job interview, in finding a partner to share your life with? Nope. So if Em says he'll help us out but his dick would prefer to start with the hotties, I say no shit; we all do. Thanks for the support period dude!In Summary:People like us who lead alternative lifestyles need thicker skins than this. We've regressed from the Drag Queens taking the police head on in the streets of bath house raids to running to our keyboards every time anything (In some people's cases everything) "triggers" us. We were a strong community, lets get back there. Waiting to be angry over everything is not how our forefathers would want to see us. We need to stop it with this self victimizing crap. If A straight guy with a huge fan base wants to call himself an ally, FUCK yeah am I on board with that!Edit: the articleTLDR: Eminem say's he's got our backs, gays freak out because it is classic (awesome btw) rap and the slurs that come with it.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése