2017. december 27., szerda

I think my school is homophobic.

Hi guys! Im kinda new here. I was just lurking for a while but then I remembered this thing about our school. I wanted to learn your opinions about it.First off, let me start by saying that I live in a... I guess you could say conservative, country. But though the newer generation of people here are more open-minded, A lot of the older generation are still homophobic or just sees it as a joke due to how its represented in media. Though, Ive never seen a case like my school.My school is very religious, we have masses every month. Its a private school, we wear uniforms and stuff, though in my country even public schools require you to wear uniforms. Its a pretty big school.So, besides the usual textbooks, they also give out student diaries, for parents to keep track of what their kids are doing in school (but no one actually takes logging lessons in their diaries seriously), a list of all the things the students need for the school year (Color-coded notebooks, specific stuff that ends up just going to waste but we still need to buy because the teachers check for the materials at the start of every school year, etc.), and a student handbook.This student handbook has most of the information you need to know about the school. Stuff like their mission and vision, history, blah blah blah, but the most interesting part is the page on boy-girl relationships. It states that it encourages healthy relationships between peers and the opposite sex. No mention of same-sex relationships at all. So I was intrigued, but I didn't think anything of it, since I thought that maybe they just aren't aware of things like that. So then I moved on to the discipline system chapter. They were separated into five categories, 5 being the worst offenses you can do. They all made sense, until I got to the last category 5 offense. These were the offenses that could get you expelled. There was the obvious ones like bringing drugs, bringing deadly weapons to school, involvement with hazing, scandalous pupblic appearances, that kind of stuff. But then, the last one. It said, "Immorality, but not limited to having intimate relationship with the same sex...". I just couldn't read more. I was furious, but I couldn't say anything. I was in the middle of class and I couldn't make a scene, I couldn't very well just show it to the head of the disciplinary comittee, he/she is probably the one who wrote it anyways. So I kept my mouth shut.So there you have it. According to my school, Having an intimate relationship with a person of the same sex is just as bad as bringing a gun to school. What do you guys think?I'm not really sure if this violates the rules against political endorsement, and if it does I'm sorry, I just really needed to vent about this.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése