2017. február 15., szerda

Want to help a closeted teen nerd decipher a text conversation he had with his first true (potentially mutual) crush????

Hey,I'm 16 and over the last summer I had an amazing summer camp (well a physics class at a university but even better) experience and in particular made an incredible friend. Eventually we hung out together pretty much all the time, and by the end of it we were very, very close in a way that had some people (kindly/supportively) teasing us we were boyfriends. We would spend a lot of time in each other's rooms talking about random stuff like cool YouTubers or science shit we found interesting. We were both way more physically affectionate than the average teen guy, i.e. lots of hugging, some cuddling, we even played with each other's hair (I feel so stupid writing this right now lol). Neither of us were out; he came out to me as bi after camp was done. He lives overseas and he was only in the area for about a week after camp to visit relatives, but we managed to make it a point to see each other as often as we could. We ended up spending the majority of the week together. Our moms also playfully teased that we were dating. We adopted the joke ourselves, neither of us out to the other but still we were really weirdly close in the way I described above. Most of all we spent a lot of time just finding ourselves looking at each other, smiling, laughing. Neither of us are stereotypically queer; both of us actually act rather straight, so it must have been really obvious to people. So later he came out to me over text soon after having left and I came out back to him, and we kind of beat around the bush a bit until I surprised myself and said I had a crush on him first. But the problem is HIS RESPONSES WERE REALLY AMBIGUOUS??!!? We're both really nerdy unusual kids who have definitely never fit in, and neither of us have much of a sex drive either relative to guys our age - a lot of our humor consisted of ironically stupid sex jokes. So I really have no idea if I should be pursuing this. I'm out to next to no one besides him and we live in different countries and have only actually talked about our sexualities and the uniqueness of our relationship on two or three occasions, and I'm incredibly shy/self-conscious (just as he!) so I really don't know what to do or whether I'm reading into things or not.Sorry for the gushy rambling dorky post. Awkward in the closet physics whore here desperately trying to sort out his ~emotions~ for once. I'm not good at this.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése