2015. október 24., szombat

Just had a debate against a group of homophobes about marriage. Their one argument bothered me because I didn't know how to respond.

Their homophobia was a by product of traditional Christian religious belief. Most of their arguments were frankly unfounded. But one did get under my skin. They spoke of lawsuits against wedding photographers and cake makers for simply turning down services due to their religious beliefs surrounding marriage and losing jobs in turn. I didn't know how to properly respond to this and it bothers me. I guess it's because I understand they have a different concept of marriage than we do and I don't think it's right for us to take that away from them in the same way they can't take away our marriage outside of their religion. It's unfortunate, but it just strikes me as freedom of speech. I don't view this as being the same as the Kim Davis situation where she intentionally got in the way. These people just don't want to be involved and are being punished in turn. Can you guys help me? What would you have said?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése